Friday, January 20, 2012

Big traveller

Helping mommy with some last minute packing
Daniel did a great job on his first plane trip!  Mommy and daddy were busy entertaining him for the 5 hours to LA, but there was another baby, who was 9 months old, on the other side of the aisle and they were fairly fascinated with each other too.  We flew on Virgin America (first time for all of us) and I was very happy with how friendly they were with the babies from check in to the on-flight crew.  One of the flight attendents was a source of great entertainment for him...of course she was cute and blonde, so maybe he takes after his Papi.


Daniel was a big fan of the Virgin touch screens!

I have another half day of work meetings in Santa Monica and then I'll go out to meet Daniel, Chris and Grandma Mary in Glendora for the weekend before we head back on Monday.  Daddy and Grandma are having fun and we're attempting to keep Daniel on east coast time, which means breakfast at 4am PST.  He'll get to meet lots of California friends while he's here and on Saturday morning he'll get to "meet" another girlfriend who is due to arrive in early April.  He's very excited to have a California girlfriend...especially if she'll be a blondie like her mommy.


I also survived my first night apart from the D-man.  It's helpful to have a boss who did a lot of travelling with small kids (and is encouraging of pumping) so she took me out to dinner last night so I could have some fun, even though I was completely exhausted.  And today will fly by with meetings before I get to see D this afternoon.  But first a run on the Santa Monica Strand.

Landing in LA...look at the mountains!!


No comments: