Tuesday, January 24, 2012

8 months old!

  
My big 8 month old is looking more and more like a little boy every day.  I dressed him in a special Chinese New Year outfit today even though he's a day late for the official "new year".  His top, which is a 12 month size(!!!), is of a lizard for year of the dragon (dragons are kind of lizards, right?) and his year of the rabbit slippers, which were promptly pulled off after this picture, were purchased after the new year last year by my friend and former-office-mate on a trip to Indonesia.  I should have been on that trip, but I was 7 months pregnant and trekking to the other side of the world was not exactly "encouraged".  I take this special month birthday photo in the same spot every 24th so I can see his growth.  I'll post the previous months' shots at some point, but besides being a great sitter, and now army crawler, Daniel is using his word, mamamama, for nearly every emotion/need/desire/frustration (video of that coming soon too).  He's also learning to mug for the camera.  Right before I took this he was starting to tear up and get frustrated ("mamamama") and as soon as I pulled out the camera he instantly smiled and looked right at me.  Is flashing a cheeser considered a baby milestone? 

No comments: