Sunday, March 11, 2012

Milestone: taking some steps (sort of)

Just as it seemed all of sudden Daniel was pulling up on things and enjoying the standing position way more than the sitting, he started what the "experts" call "cruising" where he does a sort of side-step while holding on to something.  His favorite is from the highchair to the push walker (musical thing) to the toy basket where he can pull out toys.  But yesterday I saw him pull  up on the walker and take a few steps forward while holding on to it.  Of course by the time I found my camera he was distracted by Connor barking outside.  I did catch him take one step, and then plop down, but it definitely wasn't as deliberate as the first ones I saw. 

We drove to Charlottesville to see Daniel's new girlfriend, Diane Elizabeth, born three days prior, and her big sister Melina.  Daniel has a blast watching Melina, who is 3, but he wasn't so sure about things when I was on the couch giving attention to the new baby.  Jealousy, already?  I would be one pleased momma if Daniel married one of those girls...actually, I'd be pleased if he married any of his current "girlfriends."

One of the things that Melina showed Daniel how to do was push her play shopping cart around the living room.  We were encouraging telling Daniel that "real men go grocery shopping" (I've said the same when he's "helped" with laundry and the dishes).  But just as Daniel had pulled up on his walker, he pulled right up on the cart and started pushing it for a few steps.  I didn't get a great video, but I did capture some good steps.  He's actually a lot less wobbly than he looks in this shot, I think he was just getting a little tired.  Maybe he will be walking on his own by 10 months like his daddy!

No comments: