Sunday, March 4, 2012

"Good share"...I think

"Good" share.
We have many fun pictures of Connor playing clean up crew at Daniel's high chair, but Daniel is learning the fun aspect of "if I happen to hold my hand out and it has food in it, Connor will come lick it, and that's funny" and Connor is happy to oblige.  Kind of gross, we know, but we try to keep this "sharing" to a minimum and only at the end of mealtime.  Connor will continue to leave pools of droll next to the chair and wait for whatever might come his way.  Even if it means just being able to lick the tray clean.

Yesterday, however, was an example of "BAD share" between the boys.  I had Daniel down in the laundry room with me while I was changing a load of laundry and had just filled up Connor's bowls of food and water.  Daniel likes Connor's metal bowls, fun for banging, but especially the water for splashing.  Connor, the good boy, stepped back and let Daniel in, and then just watched him with a while, while Daniel grabbed some of his food.  I raced over form the washer in time to snatch up Daniel and pull the pieces of food out of his hand.  I thought we had a close call, until I realized he wasn't opening his mouth.  And then I pried open his mouth and found two pieces of the nickle-sized dog food chunks in his mouth.  The baby-mouth finger-sweep was applied (twice) to get them out, much to Daniel's dismay, but I couldn't tell if he was more upset about the finger sweep or that I took away the food.  As I told Chris the story later that evening I found out that Daniel's daddy (and uncle) ate, and liked, dog food as little kids.  Ewww.  Watch out Connor.

No comments: