Monday, February 27, 2012

Occupy: Kitchen Cabinet

Daniel likes princesses...
We had a good weekend.  I was getting over the cold that Daniel so graciously shared with me at the start of the week and we were able to spend some time with our friends, the Weikels up at their house in Baltimore. I'm the godmother to their oldest, who is almost 3, and is a great big sister to her younger sister, who is only 2 months older than Daniel...and already walking!  He was watching them intently the whole time, picking up some new tricks.  
Exploring the cabinet
Even though I was crunched for time Sunday night I made sure to make Daniel's food for the week so I didn't have to think about it for the rest of the week.  While I don't mind the cooking process, it does take awhile and the more mobile he gets the harder it is to keep him occupied.  But we hit the jackpot of entertainment with one of the cabinets that I have left unlocked for his perusal.  In addition to ovenmits, towels and extra bottles, I stash some of his pre-packaged baby food in that cabinet and everything was just so exciting to pull out (and taste-test). It only took about 15 minutes for him to empty about half of the contents out of the cabinet, but at least he was entertained.

My little Edmund Hillary.
We also had another proud moment this weekend when he made it up the first step of our stairs (see the gate next to him that needs to get put in ASAP.  I can just see the wheels turning as he looks up at me at the top of the steps wondering, hmmm, how do I get there...I see another project for daddy to tackle this week.




No comments: