Sunday, February 12, 2012

Milestone: pulling up (uh oh)

I don't know how to get down!
Daniel has made some motions that have hinted at "pulling up" but nothing that was close enough to make  me worry...or drop the crib.  Today we were out shopping after church and Daniel didn't really care for the seat up front and kept taking my keys (aka his entertainment while I looked around) and dropping them.  I ended up putting him in the basket part and he happily entertained himself until I noticed that he had pulled himself up from sitting to his knees.  Perhaps it was the lack of a nap, but he was fairly distressed about being up on his knees and couldn't figure out how to get himself down.  Of course, the good mom that I am, I first took this picture and then helped him down. 

How do we break out of this place?
We got home and knowing he needed a nap, I put him down in his crib and went downstairs.  Thankfully I turned on the monitor because less than two minutes later I saw him pulling himself up on his crib rail!  I raced upstairs just in time to catch him pulling himself back up to his knees.  I picked him up and laid him back down to convince him to nap, went back downstairs, grabbed my camera and as soon as I was back upstairs, he was back on his knees and looking over the edge of the crib figuring out how he could get himself over.  And then...he pulled himself to standing.  Crap. Needless to say this new trick would be far more fun than a nap and any hope of a nap was out.  I was able to get his pack and play lowered but we had to wait for daddy to get home to get his crib down.  Let Phase 2 of babyproofing begin and 3...2...1...

SO proud of himself for standing!

Not great, but you get the idea (and how much he wanted to tumble over)

No comments: