Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grandma duty

I've been very lucky with my recent job change (same organization, new position) that I've eased into my travel and have a boss with two small kids who remembers all of the trials and tribulations of pumping and travelling and attempting to always be super mommy while still making time for some pampering on business trips.  She is a great mentor as a working mom, which is one of the top reasons I went to work for her. 


Grandma Corrinne with her grandson and grandpup.

In early December, we had a very long day trip to New York.  Then two weeks ago we did that LA trip as a family (her suggestion) where I was only apart from Daniel for a little over 24 hours.  But this week both Chris and I were going to be gone.  Him for a conference in Aspen and me for a short trip back to LA. And one of the blessings of living close to family is that they can help out in situations like this.  So my mom, Grandma Corrinne, is happily following my type-A lists and instructions (a trait I inherited from her) and spending time with Daniel and Connor at our house, watching out boys.  After a full morning of travelling west and an all afternoon strategy session I am happy to report that he was good for grandma today: took a good nap this morning so she could get ready, took another nap when he got home from daycare, crawled all around after dinner and pooped himself out so he went right to bed at his bedtime.  I'm thankful that today when by quickly and hoping that tomorrow will go by even faster!


 

No comments: