Thursday, January 16, 2014

Seven months

What do seven month olds do...they eat and play and explore and eat some more. Here are seven of his latest tricks:

1. David is a bottomless pit. He looked at us like we were crazy when we tried different fruits and veggies and now we have to keep him from up-ending the bowl and spilling it all over the place. Peas, green beans, sweet potato and banana are his fan favorites. Only when he had a stomach bug a week ago did he go for more than a day refusing food.
2. He can grab things (see the video) and concentrates really really hard to get it in his hands. He'll focus on the puffs and do a pretty good job at getting them in his mouth. And then tags on anything are instantly fascinating and MUST be grabbed.
3. Like his daddy, he is a push up pro. Still prefers to be on his belly, but he's realizing that he has upper body strength and pushes himself up with his arms. I can just hear his brain whirring and figuring out how this new trick can make him even more mobile.
4. He is a singer. Daniel tested his range...a lot, but David almost sounds like he's singing scales. Maybe that's mommy wishful thinking, but I'm holding out hope he'll be the front man with his brother playing guitar, drums and keyboard.
5. David is a pacifier boy. He'll chomp on his thumb once in awhile, but the paci is his soother. And thankfully, he's almost perfected putting it back in his own mouth...ahhhh.
6. He's a snuggler and will get mad if I get home and he's still in his car seat or being held by daddy and I don't come over right away to give him affection. He definitely gets away with a lot more since I usually just bring him into bed with me if he wakes up between 4 and 5 am and I want to eek out another hour of sleep.
7. He's long and lean, barely a roll of chub on him, but he is about to bust out of his 9 month clothes. No clue where he got those genes...








1 comment:

Susann said...

That wingspan and hand to mouth are impressive! NBA??