 |
| In the big boy theater seat |
I'm working through some final summer pics before I post the first day ones, but somehow I got it in my mind to take the boys to see Disney's Planes! David and I had seen a few movies while I was on leave: Monsters U & Happy Feet 2 with a friend and her kids and then some grown up movies: The way, way back and Lee Daniel's The Butler. So while I felt I had it down with David, stand & bounce when he got fussy or feed him during the opening credits so he'd sleep...I wasn't so sure how big brother would do.
 |
Checking out the "Frozen" display
|
SO Labor Day Monday, we went to a 9:40 am showing (while daddy who works all of the time was home laboring), and if there hadn't been 25 minutes of previews Daniel would have been a champ! But there was and even with the bribe of fruit snakcs and a bag of popcorn he only lasted so long in his seat. So about halfway through we took a little walk around the lobby. I had the stroller for Daniel, who shifted seats from the big seat to the stroller 30 minutes in, and David in the bjorn. David was a little fussy, but mostly good. And once Daniel seemed settled we went back in and stood in the entrance/ramp and Daniel bounced around, finally settling back into his stroller to watch the last bit of the movie. I had some congratulations from fellow parents on the way out (who else sees movies at 9:40am), but overall felt exhausted. The sign of success for me though was a few days later, when we called Grandma Corrinne and she asked him about the movies and his reply was: It was loud...I eat popcorn....sit in stroller...play guitar. And while the dots were really words we didn't understand, he told the story of his first movie. That has got to be some sort of milestone, so I guess it was a success after all.
 |
| First movie success! |
1 comment:
Good job Mom! You accomplish so MUCH!
Post a Comment