Monday, January 19, 2015

Ad-bentures

Daniel's running break.
I was on a business trip Wed-Friday last week so just barely digging out, but that meant I wanted to spend some quality time with my boys and take them on some adventures. Or as Daniel says "Ad-bentures" (because you know, V's are B's). On Saturday we started with Daddy taking David to swim practice and mommy taking Daniel for a run. Last week, when it was about 7 degrees outside (literally) my phone froze so I couldn't document Daniel telling me to "go faster, daddy is faster than you" and to show how bundled up he was in his little stroller cocoon. This week it was a balmy 27 degrees so Daniel got a 2 minute play time at the playground at our turn around point. He only asked me once why I was going to slowly. The boys got some quality time with grandma that night so mommy and daddy could go out on a much overdue date.

Time out, don't run away from mommy
Practicing for that golf scholarship
David loves to build
Sunday was the REAL adventure as we braved the rainstorms after church. I had purchased a family membership to Port Discovery in Baltimore last year during a MLK weekend trip with friends with the hope that it would get me up there again. The place is amazing, three-stories of fun and learning. We never made it back. The membership was expiring at the end of January and I thought it would be a fun Monday activity while daddy was working but I saw that it was open/free to the public that day so no way was I braving that by myself. Instead we went after church and tested out the "no nap" Daniel. I was somewhat okay until around 3pm when we were trying to leaving. Thank goodness for reinforcements.


Working as a team


Pedaling fast like mommy
banging on a kettle drum
air/wind shooters


driving the train together
BIG bunny
Unwilling knight
My little jester

 So Monday, the actual holiday, I finally had to get some things done. So our "ad-benture" included a trip to the pet store (a zoo), the grocery store (they could get one snack), drive through lunch (french fries!), and the bank to coin counter. We made it through the pet store and grocery store before D2 passed out. Thankfully we could still get lunch since tummies were growling. We'll save the bank and Target for the afternoon...or another day.
David loves Nemo!

Woo hoo! We got the magical cart!!





No comments: