Sunday, December 15, 2013

Oh the places I have pumped...

It's hard to get over the "three hour" tether, also known as breastfeeding. But I made it. I made it to six months. And that was my goal. I don't really want to quit, but I'm also not going to beat myself up over it if I pull back. David was fine with his first bottle of formula last week...I was exhausted and just needed daddy to give him SOMETHING. And in true Upham fashion, he ate it. And with a mix of formula bottles at night and the freezer stash in the day, David was fat and happy while I was away. Me...I did my duty. I pumped. Every four hours. I went longer at night, but didn't sleep much anyway so it wasn't like I was rested. And while I produced 60+ ounces while away for a little over 48 hours, my boobs ACHED from the pump. I have no clue how I'm going to survive my next trip in two weeks that's twice as long. But until then...oh the places that I have pumped.

In the unisex bathroom at Dulles...at least there was a plug

In the middle of the night at my hotel.

Bright and early, overlooking the Hollywood hills

While inhaling some lunch in between meetings

While skyping with my boys at night before more meetings!!

Boobie juice hanging out in the minibar

While drinking my morning coffee and responding to emails

In my co-worker's son's room, before we left for an event at a donor's house

And the most disgusting...with the battery pack, in a large stall at LAX.

And what should have been the final time, back in a unisex stall at Dulles was rerouted, even with aching boobs, to go home and feed a real live baby. SOOOO much better than the dreaded pump. 

No comments: