Saturday, February 7, 2015

Because moms don't get sick days



There's a commercial out there for dayquil that shows parents trying to tell their kids that they need a sick day and the tagline is "Because parents don't get sick days", today was a good example of that. Yesterday I went to the doctor and found out that in addition to what I'm sure was a sinus infection I also had strep throat. So with a fever, body aches and the inability to swallow much what did we do a later that night? We hosted 20 people from our small group for dinner. and then Chris left for a conference in Florida early this morning. OYE!

But it's Saturday and we had a full day of activities planned, sick or not. Thankfully one of the teenage daughters from a mom in our group came this morning to help me manage the boys during their classes. First we had David's swim (we need to get pictures and video of that, he absolutely LOVES it) and then Daniel's soccer class right after. He was so great and independent. Running around and doing the drills. Then to drop off the babysitter and make a quick run to Costco and back home for lunch and naps. But while the big boy went down easily, the little guy was not so willing.

Thankfully he did play quietly in his room for about 45 minutes so I could close my eyes for bit too. When I got up I found him on his floor surrounded by most of the books from his bookshelf. My little bookworm. To let Daniel sleep we decided to watch mommy's boss on the nature show and David was enthralled by all of the animals and beautiful video. We did have to wake up Daniel to go get haircuts and then to a dinner date with our friends the Webbers at the family friendly Paradiso restaurant. Which will now be our new favorite place since the kids eat in one room and watch videos while the parents can sit in another room and eat in (sort of) peace. Feeling accomplished? Yes. Feeling exhausted? Absolutely. Tomorrow will not be as adventurous...maybe.









No comments: