Monday, May 19, 2014

ELEVEN months

I was proud of myself for remembering to get a photo of David on his actual 11 month birthday, but  we were gone all weekend and knew it would have been a pipe dream to write while I was away. Speaking of away...this was the first weekend that Chris and I have been away together since before Daniel was born. We went to New Orleans for Auntie Kirsten's wedding and had a fabulous time. Grandma Mary came out to stay with the boys and everyone survived (and thrived!).

Eleven facts about our big boy:

  1. He can eat, and loves, cut up spaghetti. We don't eat very much of it, but grandma gave him some and he loves to independence of eating it himself. Good to know
  2. David also loves to down the squishy packets for food (we call them crushers). He'll smack his lips as he eats.
  3. He is not a big fan of big brother taking things away and gets an angry face followed by a sharp shrill scream. There are times I think he's even rolling on to Daniel (first wrestling match?)
  4. We have a tooth!! A single lonely bottom tooth. Everything I've read says this is normal. Hope so.
  5. David has discovered the deliciousness of his hands. I know this has everything to do with teeth (hopefully there are more teeth in there) but his hand is constantly being gnawed. 
  6. He also seems to like to wave his finger tops across his mouth as he's making raspberry sounds. It's almost like he's singing.
  7. David is up on hands and knees crawling super fast. I remember Daniel being a belly crawler until just before he walked. David can FLY across a room as a crawler. I bet he'll be a late walker too.
  8. I think David is going to be a righty. Daniel grabbed things from an early age with his left, he is definitely left dominant now. David is a right grabber.
  9. David's brown hair is going blonde and fast. I bet both boys will be complete toe heads by the end of the summer
  10. He still prefers to snuggle in bed with mommy or daddy to get extra long naps. He's a much better sleeper at night (thank goodness!) but we'll find that most of the time he'll get in a longer afternoon nap if he's snuggling with someone.
  11. David is still a joyous baby. He's still a bit of a "barnacle" but they way he lights up when he sees me pick him up or come up is priceless.
The "official" 11 month shot
Chewing on a special teething paci

Mommy kisses rock
 
Spaghetti is delicious!

No comments: