Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Day!

Two hours to vote and all I got was this sticker?
 Daniel has already voted a few times, a primary last year and in the 2011 Virginia election. He's never had to wait in line, before...but then again neither had I. We waited nearly two hours in line to vote yesterday morning, but thankfully they had us snaked up and down the hallways of our local elementary school instead of outside like some of my friends were at other locations. Daddy entertained Daniel up and down the hallways while I held our spot. When we finally got up to vote, I took Daniel with me to do the paper ballot (filled in bubble style) and he helped me put it into the machine to be counted. And then just as we finished Chris was getting up in line for the touch screen machines so Daniel got to vote with Daddy too. The poll worker gave Daniel his own "I voted" sticker, which didn't last long and was more confusing than cool. Since we had gone so early in the morning Daniel had been in pj's the whole time so I decided to send him to school in his best patriotic outfit...and perhaps something a little blue like his home state.

I love the USA!

No comments: