Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Captain Chaos

Daddy has been away this week and I'm balancing a crazy work schedule and single-mom-ing. Hard stuff! But thankfully having a routine, which I love, makes things easier, but also letting the little things slide becomes necessary too. Like leaving the baby playing on the deck while I ran upstairs to go to the bathroom...only to come downstairs and find him up on the table so he could have a better view of the backyard. So he actually did this twice, once on Friday before dinner and again on Saturday because he liked watching the sprinkler watering the lawn. I should have learned by Saturday that it takes him less than 5 seconds to push the chair over and get up. I have no idea where he gets this from!

What I found after walking away for 1 minute

Ohhh, the sprinkler...
Eating has also been a bit of an adventure with just the two of us. Thankfully Daniel is eating more (and for longer) so I have a chance to get a few bites in two. Daddy left us his pre-made meals from his gym so we've had a few of those. Daniel especially liked the riced cauliflower, but interestingly didn't like the chicken that had been covered in an olive tempande. Unlike me he didn't have BBQ sauce to cover the icky olive taste.
Mmm, cauliflower

Nmmm, nmmm, nmmm with the spoon!

No comments: