I never really understood how friends would say that they could tell their baby's personality from the womb (or very early after they were born). I just thought my pregnancy was normal and that Daniel was a normal little baby. I was kicked...a lot. When the books said that you should feel at least ten kicks/movements in an hour, I'd feel that in a minute. I had to move Daniel into his crib from the bassinet when he was two months old because he had about a 30 second fuse from when he'd get up to when he'd explode to "feed me NOW" wails and every sigh or grunt had me jumping thinking he was ready to eat.
Now as a budding toddler, Daniel needs to be entertained. He is not one of those kids who can sit quietly and play with a toy. He wants your attention (and he wants it now). And he has to know what's going on at all times. It's a small miracle I was able to nurse him until he was almost a year. He also, still has the short fuse when it comes to food (I plead the 5th as to where he got that trait) but is starting to get sick of us feeding him. He even took to feeding daddy today. He was highly entertained by stuffing the salad in daddy's mouth, but only let me feed him his dinner in bite sizes since we were at a BBQ and he was so engrossed in rolling a toy car across a table that he probably didn't even realize I was feeding him. I'm just thankful I get to spend the weekend with this little personality before I'm off next week for work. Hopefully he'll remember me when I'm gone!
 |
| You rest Connor, I'll watch the neighborhood. |
 |
| YOU eat now, daddy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment